DEADLINE: 2019 – present.
PROJECT STAFF: 2 developers.
Creation and maintenance of site modules for a large online perfume store SpellSmell to automate and control production processes.
- Develop system modules and integrate with external services.
- Maintain and refine the web application from the backend side.
For the fifth year, we have been successfully cooperating with a large perfumery company that sells its products online throughout Russia. During this time, one of the project developers managed to improve his skills from Middle+ to Senior level, having mastered the DDD (domain-driven design) methodology.
To solve the primary tasks, we developed Yii2 microservices to parse price lists and automated translation of names into a foreign language. We created a convenient marking system with the ability to return unused codes. Using the API, we established a relationship with the store and the AliExpress delivery system.
In addition to the above, warehouse modules, carts, work with the Avito and Yandex Market marketplaces were created. Authorization protocol was implemented for integration with Apple, Google, MailRu, Odnoklassniki, SberID, VK, Yandex.
THE DIFFICULTIES WE ENCOUNTERED
- Complex business logic of a large project that requires a special approach.
- Poorly documented APIs.
- Blocking parsing attempts.
WHAT WE LEARNED
- Strengthened knowledge of DDD, SOLID, Event Sourcing methodologies.
- To bypass parsing restrictions, we used a proxy and a headless browser through Selenium.
During the cooperation, we were able to systematize and automate such production processes as the translation of names, the collection of product data, interaction with AliExpress delivery, and many others. We continue to maintain and improve the site in the outsourcing format.