DEADLINE: 2016 – 2021.
PROJECT STAFF: 2-4 developers.
Improve the speed and convenience of the service for users and employees of the online store ‘Mascotte’, as well as replace and expand its functionality in order to increase brand loyalty and increase sales.
- Maintenance and revision of the site of a large shoe chain.
- Optimization of business processes using systems for order processing, accounting, status and movement of goods.
- Implementation of a loyalty system in the service.
2016 was the beginning of a long-term cooperation with the Mascotte online store, which has branches throughout Russia and the opportunity to book goods in offline stores.
TECH SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT
Initially, we were engaged in maintaining the site and expanding the functionality to solve the actual business problems of the company. But over time, we made a fairly deep reformat and refactoring of the code. We made it clean, easily extensible, and compliant with PSR standards. We made a smooth transition from PHP 5.6 to 7.3.
Optimized work with database indexes and got rid of unnecessary queries, added an automatic testing system. All this significantly improved the speed of the site on all devices and reduced the load on the server.
At the same time, we created a separate constructor for landings, which host promotions and offers of the company.
INTEGRATION AND IMPLEMENTATION
Along with the support of the online store, we were given the task of improving and developing accounting and reporting systems. On the one hand, it is necessary to simplify the control over the goods for the employee, on the other hand, the processing, payment and delivery of the order for the buyer. To do this, we made API integration with external systems for accounting, control, payment and transportation of goods.
Another important area is customer engagement and retention. In order for the brand to build long-term relationships with the buyer, we implemented a loyalty program based on an external CRM. The system allows to flexibly set up promotions without involving developers.
THE DIFFICULTIES WE ENCOUNTERED
- Many different tools and services required a very detailed immersion in the project.
- A large number of positions.
WHAT WE LEARNED
- Gained more experience in building structure and logic for business processes.
- Improved search engine skills.
- Got to know new tools.
- Improved sorting and filtering of the catalog for fast and accurate search of the desired item.
- Implementation of a CRM system to keep track of customers and increase repeat sales.
- Creating a designer for landing pages with promotions to make layouts in the same style and not spend a lot of time on it.
- Integration of a system for processing orders and accounting for goods.
- Implementation of exchange with the new system of accounting of commodity nomenclatures.
- Launch of unit tests that allow you to quickly check the functionality: product search, shopping cart, payment, etc.