DEADLINE: May – December 2021
PROJECT STAFF (OUTSTAFFING): 1 developer
PROJECT COST: 3 million rubles
Promptly eliminate the shortcomings identified by users in the bank’s existing web products, and improve functionality to increase brand loyalty and customer satisfaction.
- Technical support of the frontend and backend parts of the site for the bank loyalty system.
- Development of new functionality.
For eight months we participated in the outstaffing format in a large project with a team of more than 15 specialists who were engaged in finalizing and improving the service of the loyalty program of the top Russian bank. It was an interesting experience in terms of the scale of development and the involvement of a large number of contractors: experienced programmers, UX / UI designers, testers, project managers and team leaders.
At the initial stage of cooperation, we worked to support the current code and eliminate errors that occurred during interaction with the site. When a member of the loyalty program encountered a technical problem, he or she sent an appeal to the bank. After reviewing the application, the task went to work. We identified the cause of the malfunction and sent a ready-made solution to eliminate it.
DEVELOPMENT AND IMPROVEMENT OF FUNCTIONALITY
In parallel with the support of the site, we were implementing the Elasticsearch engine for the fastest and most accurate search in the database. We developed a converter for converting bonuses into rubles and discount coupon counters, also improved the admin panel.
THE DIFFICULTIES WE ENCOUNTERED
- A large amount of code that requires a deep immersion in work.
- Long-term coordination of improvements, during which the initial data and requirements may change.
WHAT WE LEARNED
- Make non-standard decisions required when working in a hybrid system.
- Gained vast experience in finalizing complex systems.
- Quickly adapt and connect to team development processes.
During our participation in the project, we managed to make a lot of improvements, fix bugs with the search engine and counters, and also develop features that improve user experience.